Friday, October 17, 2008

Windstar Drama

The Windstar is finished, and I think I am finished with minivans. When I was researching the head gasket issue online, I read about so many people pissed at Ford. They were pissed off because the head gasket was a factory recall. Most people heard about it too late, and the antifreeze had gotten into the motor oil so they took it in for service, when they heard about the recall. The recall was really the intake gaskets, but that is harder to comprehend. Their gaskets and oil were changed, so they were sent on their way. Only to get a knock in the motor a wile later, that gets louder and louder. Within a matter of minutes the motor seizes up from a spun bearing that ford won’t pay for. They won’t pay for it because there is antifreeze in the system. Antifreeze is abrasive, much like sand paper. You could probably run a motor for a long time with the crank case full of water, but not antifreeze.

Most of those affected were F150s, and if I had an F150 I would change the motor on it, but to lift the van off the front subframe in the back yard, sucks. Dispite 4 oil changes in 2000km the van seized solid on me in Lac Labich, on the way home from work Oct 5, 08. This was the first set that I had my air card, and so I was able to call home with Skype. Michelle came out to rescue me in my Dodge 1500, which was on stand by for such incidents. We towed it with some rope, 50km and called it a night. We went back in the morning and hauled it the last 50kma

I think I will push the Windstar into the back yard and make it a chicken coop for the winter. Maybe I will cut some fancy chicken door in the side with the cutting torch, when I get more oxigen

2 comments:

shireen Khan said...

hey mich. that is so gr8 u got ur family blog. guess u had to since u got BABE now..lol

ArtChild said...

u smell alot like my cats litter box hahaha...