Thursday, April 9, 2009

Back safe in Andrew




Just made a little vid of the boat delivery we did to Parker, that went very smooth, as you can see from the Vid I even let Michelle drive for a wile.

The snow has mostly melted here now, and uncovered all kinds of lost treasures or garbage. Lots of spring cleaning to do.

The drive home was rather uneventful. We hit the breakfast Buffet on the 9am ferry. I was impressed with that, the price has come down since I last took the ferry. I found they had candied salmon too, which was so good, but at the point that I found it I was kind of full of waffles, strawberries, and whip cream. I was so full I couldn't eat again till 9pm.
We only noticed on the drive home that there is no more pay tolls on the Coquihalla, that was nice.
Around midnight, just coming into Edmonton I clipped a dear with the rear quarter of Michelle's new car. It was bolting across the road, right on us. With no other traffic anywhere I changed lanes wile slamming on the brakes, to try and cross ahead of the dear. I was/am very impressed with the Hyundi's handling and brakes, and we got through the event with only a patch of dirt cleaned off Michelle's car at knee height, and a very faint thud. No dents, blood, broken glass or any other drama. I expect the dear got away with a bruised knee and a phobia of highways.
This is my first Video editing job, just getting into it. Expect many more, and I will probably start yet another blog for my cool monster garage style project videos.

No comments: