Monday, June 25, 2012

New "Job"

The other day, I just decided I have to make a thousand dollars a day as an electrician, or its just not worth it, I'll join my budy, playing in the dirt with the skid steer, making $1000 a day.  I should have been more specific in my decision making.  8 hour days, 100 days a year, I don't know.

Shortly after I get the phone call.  50 houses to wire, all identical, back to back and framed up.  I never thought I could compete in the new construction cookie cutter mass production market.  Two weeks of fine tuning my game, 16 hour days, and getting covered in mud.  I can do a house a day.  One house, one day.  Now he wants 8 wired this week.  Thats more than one a day, just saying.

50, turned into 150, in two weeks.  What does that mean.  There is no light at the end of the tunel, its getting further away.  In two weeks, 14 days, I have wired 10 homes, and I still have other comitments I do at night and the odd day.  Instead of just 36 homes left to wire, there is now 136 homes left to wire.  I feel like I just got myself a "job"  I have four and a half months work if I work every day, 7 days a week, 12 hours a day.  But I have no doubt the number will get bigger again, and I will have work all year, which is good I guess.  No need to dream up interesting things to do in the winter.  I can just work like every one else.

I have lots of video and stories about the jobsite, but it all requires editing.  I just got one clip today that I'm not going to ediit, but rather upload as it is and goto sleep.   This is just a video of the Zoom Boom on site, put in the ditch.  Its pretty awesome to look at.

1 comment:

Stuff said...

Guaranteed work is a blessing to some people!! hope it all goes well for ya man!