Monday, December 22, 2008

Winning the war on cold

The old timers say this cold snap will last for the full lunar cycle, which means we are not even half way through. Since I added a second motor heater to the well pump, and we left the water running a dribble, we have not had any water problems. I feel like we have won somehow, wile I hear about people on city water that have no water, because it is frozen. But my truck officially doesn't start. I did plug it in for 8 hours, and it did start, but it had no oil pressure, until I revved it up. I ran it for a long time like that, but it is strange. It probably has something to do with the 0/30 synthetic oil that I put in it for this winter. Not sure what I will do about that problem yet.
We are going through fire wood like crazy, but again, our house is warm, wile others have furnaces that are not keeping up, or more likely just very poorly installed.

No comments: