Thursday, January 29, 2009

Drywall Drama


I hope you can see the image of the latest Lamont flier, that was included in every paper around here. They are hosting a drywall course and I am teaching it. I just said "I have put up drywall before" to the adult learning coordinator and next thing I know I am instructing a drywall course. I am actually really happy about it, because I did not realize how little I knew about it. I got a whole wack of drywalling tools from that bar that paid me with the "$7000 worth of tools", that were really worth about $500. I didn't even know what a lot of the stuff was, but drywallers at the jobs I am doing have had simpathy on me and explianed stuff too me. The more they explain, the more I know it will be hard cramming into the single 6-8 hour day, I am not even sure how long my class is.
I have been flat out, doing the electrical for this church renovation for a local investor. I have been working on that 4-5 days a week for 10-12 hours a day on the church. Then I do Forex classes on Tuesday and Wednesday nights for 2 hours. Thursday nights and Saterdays I have my Masters class at NAIT. Sunday and any other time I can find I have been constructing a super insulated office basically in the back of the barn, with an old double pane church window, that was replaced in the church with a much bigger picture window. I have had no time for anything like the blog, so it has suffered, sorry all. I took on an apprentice and we finnished the wiring in the church last night. Another week the drywallers think they will be finnished the awesome 12' ceiling church, and I will come back to put plugs and switches in. By then I should have my office done and painted, and have a nice quiet place to study for my masters and trade the forex. The office was started well before we took on a room mate, but it is extra important now. Yes we are helping out an 18 year old, who's mom kicked him out, for no real reason besides, 'he is 18 he should be independant now'. He wasn't going to be able to finnish school, having to pay rent somewhere, and find transportation, blah, blah, blah. So he stays in the spare room, and takes tremendous presure off me by chopping all the wood for the fire, and he helps out cleaning, washing dishes and stuff. Wile we try and motivate him to do his school work.
That is all the latest.
PS I think you can double click on the flier and expand it out to see full screen.

No comments: