Monday, January 5, 2009

Warmer weather


We have a black tin chimney that goes up the top side of the house, a foot away from the house. When the fire goes out at night it attracts condensation and frost on the chimney. Then when we light it it melts rather quickly, and washes off some of its sooty, rusty goodness, falls to the ground and has been forming this big black reverse icicle. The picture doesn't do it any justice, this is a 4' tall icicle.
They say cars don't need to be plugged in above -20. Today was at least one degree above -20, and my truck fired right up on gasoline, didn't seem to be flooding itself, and pushing plumes of black smoke like it was. This happens every winter. Wile I had a job I had the Suzuki for back up, as it always started. But I have nowhere I need to be, and it helped a buddy out to sell suzi the suzuki to him so he could get to work. He then wrote it off in less than a week, driving too fast in poor visibility conditions.

This is a picture from our couch, where we spend most of our time. You can see cosmo enjoying the heat of the main fire place. It is shocking how much less wood we burn when it warms up just 10-15 degrees or so.


There has been requests for better pictures of jack. I have another dark picture, I took for kijjiji. I have a lot of stuff I took from the local bar as payment for my electrical services, when it became apparent they were not going to come up with cash, and there was already $250k worth of leans on the $80k building. One of the items was this wine cooler, I am putting it online for $90, half price of new. If any relatives want it I can do alot better than that, posibly even delivered.
Malcolm

No comments: