Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hot Tub


Not a very good pic, but this is the hot tub crammed onto the stucco part of the laundry room/mud room, where the old Barrel stove used to be. We got it in place the same night I got in, and the idea was to fill it from the hot water tank and have a hot tub rite away, but it emptied the hot water tank and took a lot of cold water as well, so it wasn't really warm enough. Michelle got up extra early and had a rushed hot tub before she left for work in the morning though. I even got in the tub tonight w a cold beer, and it was glorious.

I am very happy about the bikes being here, even though I will probably haul them back to Victoria in the spring, at least I can have them all fixed and polished, ready to ride. I feel like I haven't done anything really creative since I moved to Alberta. I feel like my electric bike especially is a masterpiece of engineering genius. My chopper too,and I got a lot of positive comments on the chopper, at the ferries and gas stations, on the trip out. A gas jockey even wanted to buy it from me.
Making my truck run on fryer fat, and building wood strip kayaks from construction 2x4s all ripped down were all very creative and exciting projects. Only the Kayak was with a friend in Victoria, so I can't blame Albertans. I think it is the old house that I always need to work on, and the fact that we drive so much and I always need to do maintenance on the vehicles. I need to fix my bikes up and then come up with a new exciting project. I don't think I will even bother w the 650 chop if we go back to Victoria in the spring.

No comments: