Thursday, October 8, 2009

First Real Snow


The snow we got yesterday pretty much melted rite away, but not today. In fact it is still coming down, at 9:30am. Friend from the city just called to say the roads are a nightmare, going 5km/h everywhere. Think I will stay home today, keep the house warm, and trade the Japanese Yen.

Egg nog is in stores already, and I bought a carton out of habit. Then I was totally disappointed w nog n coffee. Did I mention our Espresso machine exploded? So I thought I could will Wallmart to have a cheap espresso machine for me, but it didn't quite work like that. I was in the city yesterday anyway, so i looked up the biggest wallmart on the computer. They had a machine for $60, double what I wanted to pay, but half what the local wallmart sells the cheapest one for. I bought it up and for the first time in years, I read the instructions, which was VERY interesting. We are supposed to "descale" the machine w vinigar, every month basically. A moment of clarity, thats why machines bung up after a year, then we have to CLR em and that probably corodes more than it should. So even our more expensive stove top unit that was sent to Katy in the states, will likely need the descaling after 40 uses. I am enjoying an Egg nog latte today anyway.

I would like to tell Katy there is no rush on the new stove top espresso machine now, but there is still the tentative plan to tow the camper to Mexico for Christmas and the camper is what I bought the stove topper for. That trip will be made solo by me, and I can see if I limit my driving to 8ish hours a day, break it up a bit, and sleep in the camper bed, if I can get away w/o swollen feet. The trip home will still be somewhat of an issue, as I won't take the camper back. This is one place the new king cab trucks are a little better, cause there is a small bench seat in the back that one can sleep on. Perhaps I will take the rear side seats out of my truck and put foam behind the front seats to sleep on. I think the swollen feet are entirely caused by the pressure behind the knee from the front seats.

I think I will have to unpack the sled from the lean to, and see if I put it away broken, I think I did. If I remember correctly it just needs a fuel line or something.

No comments: