Saturday, October 3, 2009

Winter is here

First time ever, we get home from work, its freezing outside, no fire in the house, and its above 20 degrees inside. That would be mostly the new attic insulation, but also the hot tub I expect. The heat would never get through the house, like it does now, without the insulation.

Today is Saturday, and I wired a garage today. Michelle Volunteered at the Pumpkin Festival, where the largest pumpkin was 1160 LB. I was rite on w my estimate for the garage, it took the full 10 hours, to wire a 60A load center, door opener, 2 outside plugs, 3 outside lights, 4 counter top plugs, 40A welder, 8 lights, 2 plugs, and a separate light and switch over the bench, along w 4 switches at the man door. It wouldn't have taken so long if the garage wasn't so full of stuff.

I went to Chevy to see what the $8500 cash back was about. Only on new trucks, pretty much over $50k, in the range of the Sprinter Van. I was totally unimpressed w Chevy's truck, and even more w their selection. They aren't even making extended cabs any more. Wanting an 8' box, and room behind the seat, I would need to buy a crew cab, just short of 23' long. One day I will get around to the Dodge dealer to test drive a Sprinter.

I got sheet metal yesterday to repair the rust on my Dodge fenders. I just need to buy a "nibler" to cut it, then make templates and try my new welder.

No comments: