Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Truck Blog?


Ok I am going to have to change the blog name to my truck blog, I just need a cool old truck to make it interesting.
I actually purchased ed new sheet metal, cut the shape of my fender and welded it on w the new welder, in Arc welding mode. My only complaint is the low amperage rods don't have much metal in em, and they have a lot of flux, so a lot of welds look good untill you sand blast the flux off, then there is no connection between the sheet metal. I ended up doing my own hybrid welding, by using the arc welder and feeding tig rods at the same time, which worded brilliantly, just took a lil more concentration to feed the arc rod wile feeding the tig rod. I have not got the gas or regulator yet for tig, so the arc flux does that job somewhat. Hopefully no welder ever reads this, ha ha.

My knee is 100% again, it bothers me sometimes at the end of a 12+ hour day climbing ladders and running around. I decided to take up running wile I am in AB, entirely for my knee, and the cardio as a bonus. I would like to cycle, but out here in the country at least, there are just too many drunk drivers, and now the first snow fall of the year, cyclists are done for the season. So I have been shopping for runners, haven't got any yet, but I believe Michelle has some, and she wants to run w me so that will make it easier.

No comments: