Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Efficient Diesel Van

Trying to get sled parts at the local stores I found Aldon wreckers has 2 sprinter vans. One they bought as a "theft recovery" 2008, 17,000 km on it. They are asking $38k for that one. The other is crashed, but I briefly had thoughts of putting the diesel sprinter motor n trans into my truck, until I heard they want $10k for the motor, and $5k for the trans. I will test drive their "recovered" van today, but I don't really trust this place. They have sold lots of cars with blown head gaskets and such to local people.

Every time I am on youtube, I find I gravitate to Davesfarm videos. Not intentionally, I just search "how to put the timing chain in a honda" and I get his videos. How to fix an automotive air conditioner, motorbike powered dune buggy, blah, blah, blah. Then I am distracted by the entertainment videos, "school bus vs loader, tug a war". And ultimately "my check from google (youtube)" catches my eye. So Dave is doing what I want to do, and making money off it. He does other stuff too, cause he only makes about $4000 a month from his cheesy youtube videos, and a lot of his videos are repairing other peoples cars and machines for cash. I couldn't find the detailed minivan conversion vid from 2001, but here is a recent repair of Dave's diesel minivan. Dave is my idol in respect to this van, this is what I wanted and I didn't even know it, until today.

No comments: