Friday, February 26, 2010

The Improved Crayfish Video


The most boring picture yet! This is a view from my $7 web cam bolted to the back of my truck tool box. It is specifically for hooking the trailer up solo, but now I know it works, and works well, I am going to get another one for the back of the trailer. It was not only 7% of the cost of a "back up camera" and there is none of the wireless issues, since it is just run on USB extensions.


For all those not into the trucks, lawn tractors, and snowmobiles, I made another crayfish video. This was 2 hours of crap, edited down to 2 min. The first bit was mostly for the audio, of Michelle, so fascinated by the bubbles and pinches, and then just some crayfish scenarios. I can't sit at the kitchen table and work any more, I find them too distracting, and entertaining.

I get a surprising number of calls, for both moving and electrical work, just from simple free Kijiji adds. I haven't explored "craig;s list", or anything else yet. Unfortunately a lot of calls have a one hour job, and they want it done rite now. I can often put them off till the next time I plan to be in Edmonton, but if they can't wait, I can't help them, being a 4 hour return trip to the southern and western ends of Edmonton.

I am really disappointed in my ol Dodge automatic transmission. I know they have addressed this on new trucks by putting a tow switch on the dash, which tells the transmission to shift later and all. I just got a tachometer in my truck, cause I am forced to drive it like a standard when I tow the trailer, it never takes the rpm above 1500. It has to have something like an economy shift kit in it or something.

I love my work trailer, which I have now cleaned out and is more of a moving trailer. Except it has no brakes, which is absurd, it has a 6000 lb axle. Down snowy roads its somewhat terrifying, I won't even take it out. But I found company that sells kits to put brakes on brake less axles, so I am on it. I posted a video on youtube called "My 14' moving trailer" that is on my pacificcloud channel, if anybody wants to see it. That video was only for marketing to show people how big the trailer is, so it won't be posted on the blog. Its just like a sprinter van without the $1000 monthly payments, nor the good gas mileage. It helps me if people subscribe to my youtube channel, rate my videos with 5 stars, and post positive comments on them too, if anybody feels so inclined. http://www.youtube.com/user/pacificcloud

No comments: