Friday, November 12, 2010

Buggy's Last Day In The City

We recieved our parking passes today, one for the van, and one for the trailer.   They are strict, limit 2, non transferable, licence plate printed on them and all.

We successfully towed the sand rail out to Andrew, dispite a wheel falling off on the highway, and having to chase after it on foot  It would have been a brilliant video.  I said "oh shiznit, the wheel" (thought I had a flat acctually), and I pulled over.  As I pull over, Michelle says, "its OK, I can see the back wheel in the mirror."  I said, "its not the rear wheel I am worried about, THATS OUR FRONT TIRE PASSING US"  Stupid VW lug bolts, they are always too tight and break, or too loose and falling off.   It made a very graceful journey at 90 km/h crossing 3 lanes of traffic, getting rite up on some unsuspecting rear bumpers, but no contact as it crossed the lanes.
A pic of buggy's last day in the city


The "racist" town of Andrew just threw a big surprise party for a black Muslim store owner who just got his citizenship to Canada. That was very nonracist of them. Tho there was one lady that obviously didn't realize the party was for "the colored boy" as she put it. I think she was a bit horrified. It was amusing for us to watch as she would play musical chairs. Once an "undesirable" sat at her table, she would pick her chair up and move to a new table. It got difficult for her cause half the business owners are not white Ukrainian, and being social. .

No time to make an action packed vid.  some 3 days after I started this post, I have my, larger, astro van packed with materials, top to bottom, and passenger seat, just for the next weeks installs, then another week of worked booked after that too.  I have lost all comprehension of "what I'm doing tomorrow".  Check the calendar.  Going out to Andrew to get the trailer next week, I can't even get to my tools currently, without pulling out a half dozen rolls of wire, 20 pot lights, cases of electrical boxes, ridiculousness.

No comments: