Monday, November 1, 2010

City Life

City life is soooo busy.  To top that off, I have the dead "possum van" in the Andrew driveway, and I keep getting calls in Andrew.  So much for enjoying my weekends off, in Andrew, putting the Ranger back together and stuff, I have to work.  I pulled my Kijiji adds, when the van died.  I am not putting them back up any time soon either.  Oh one guy, in Andrew, saw my van, remembered the catchy name, but not the phone number.  He googled me and got my website, possumelectric.com, and emailed me (no search engine optimization needed with a name like that)  I haven't updated that website in like 12 months, and I wasn't really serious back then.

I got a $50 ticket for parking in front of my house last weekend.  I had asked the realestate agent, if the previous owner would pass on the parking permit, he said we didn't need one, but I'll be getting one this week

I got the stickers made and put on the new "possum van".  I just decided to get it done one night, and emailed a dozen places online late at night.  The first two responses, at 7am were the greatest.  One was $135, and another $200 installed.  After 7am the quotes went for a crap, they ranged from $300 to $650.  Truly amazing.  I got top quality 7 year vinyl and installed them myself for the $135.  I'll be getting many more stickers made by this guy.

I am not allowed to build a garage behind the Edmonton house, cause frankly The ere isn't room, and it will be up against the living room window, or kitchen window, and probably the back door.  So I just built a garage, a temporary one anyway.  It went over surprisingly well.  The new sand rail is in the new garage rite now, but I will drive that to Andrew, as soon as I get plates on it, and bring the ranger motor to Edmonton, where I can plan some time to work on it.  I have told myself, "no working on the sand rail until the Ranger runs".  Its only been like 5+ years and $4500 to get this far on the Ranger, I should get it together already.  It will be a great trenching truck.  Almost needed a 4x4 to pull the trencher out of some mud today.



We were really excited about Halloween this year.  We bought apx 300 individual candies for the trick or treaters.  We dressed up and hung out in the living room at our new dinning table.  We got 4 trick or treaters, and one of them stole the cool skull ornaments in the front yard.  Here is us in costumes, with our friends we had over.  I am in the alien mask.






No comments: