Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Work, Work, Work

et, 
I have never seen a panel like this.  I love it.  I want it.  I want to add it to my museum of old panels, though this is the only unique one.  I haven't got the job yet, but I put a fair price on it, and it is in Lamont County, where it seems impossible to get an electrician to actually do work for you.  So if they have the money, I'm sure I have the job.

Kijiji seems like a good place to find an inexpensive electrician.  I get a lot of calls from that, and everybody is getting 3 quotes.   Rite now I couldn't care less if I get more work, but today was a fun quote.  The landlord obviously put the service in himself, and needed a permit, plus $2800 more work in the commercial building.  I broke it all down for him, with the first thing being the permit, for $600, so we can get power, the last thing being a $400 discount, if I do all the work, and the bill is paid same day the job is finished.  I didn't get my masters to pull permits for work that other people have done, and been paid for.  He was quick to point out that the $600 was unreasonable, if I can adjust that, he would like me to go ahead with the rest of the work, except some outdoor electric sign work I wanted $800 for, he said it was out of his budget, and it could be done any time, for much less in warmer weather.  Before I could get back to him to say, "Consider the $400 discount for paying quickly, a discount from the permit fee",   He emailed me to say another quote came in and he has given the job to them.  Now I have emailed to see what the winning quote is, if he will tell me.  

The whole lot of work I have is messing with my cheap relaxed self.  Spending $50 a day on gas, for the Astro Possum van, getting $10,000 Visa bills for materials and gas.  The van, with a failed block heater, barely starting some mornings.  Driving to work with an accident, and police on every fifth corner, and a few hairy black ice maneuvers my self.  I can't wait to get the Possum Voyager Diesel van done, so I can save like $40 a day in fuel.

Michelle wanted and got Guinea pigs.  In negotiatoins for them, she loses the mice.  I tried to give the mice away to a big snake owner on Kijiji, but they pulled my add saying "in Ontario you can not feed found rodents to snakes."  That was the official answer, when I complained that my add "Mice for snake food" was unfairly pulled.  Its not illegals, you simply "can not" feed snakes wild rodents.
Andrew is one of very few towns north of Reddear, that still use Permit Pro.  Permit Pro is out of Calgary, and they come out to Andrew less than once a month.  We need a rough in inspection to do drywall.  So they are now accepting pictures for the rough in.  I made them a couple of videos for fun.  they are nothing too exciting, but I will post them here anyway.  This is for the duplex in Andrew, I have been wiring.

No comments: