Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Bike Season

I got the trailer hitch welded on the VW finally.  So we have been moving to Edmonton, on our weekly trip out to Andrew.

I am very happy with my results running 50% used deep fryer fat rite in the diesel tank.  I have not had any trouble starting the car since.  There is just some fittings I can't find, holding me up from making the strait fryer oil tank, but there is still a lot of work I can do in preparation for that system.

Hauling the flat deck trailer back and forth from Andrew to Edmonton, with probably 1000lb on it both ways, I get 65 mpg on the paid for fuel.  So I am really only getting 33mpg, but paying for 65 mpg with the free fryer oil.

Just a quick video to show how awesome the VW is, and Michelle on her bike.  She hasn't forgotten a thing from her biking days last summer.

No comments: