Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another Buggy

Looks like these repairs to the Carter cost me money after all that work.  Only because he mentioned the 2007, black Hammerhead SS for sale in Maidstone Saskatchewan for $1700.  This was hard to believe, since there is only one other SS for sale on Kijiji for less than $4000, and its $3500.

Even though these people didn't have a digital camera to send me a picture, it was worth 7 hours of driving and filtering some 60 liters of stinky old used vegetable oil, to drive down and take a look.  As it turned out, the machine was pretty beat, needs some cosmetic welding work, and needs some tuning, but 4 tires hold air, its got a good battery, and it starts rite up.   It seems all three of my existing 250's need a new battery this spring.

Just to recap, we now own 4, 250cc buggies, one 110cc buggy, and one 1500cc buggy.  The 110 has got to go, and the 1500 has got to be put back together.  But we pretty much have 4 good working 250s, after this last weekend of buggy repairs.  I do need to go buy 3 buggy batteries.  I feel really good about this last purchase.  Not only was it the best deal yet, but it brings my average cost per 250cc buggy down to $2275.  That puts me in a position to easily make back 100% of the original purchase price when I decide to sell them.

Until that day, all that holds me back from doing buggy tours today, is transportation to the sand dunes.  I realized that the Andrew house is rite on the "Iron Horse Trail", the old train tracks, which is a point of much confusion.  This trail is advertised and well used as an ATV trail, but then there is a sign on it saying "no motorized vehicles". Once I get that clarified by the po po, we could be looking at some Iron Horse weekend tours.  Not nearly as exciting as the sand dunes, but fun still.  The Father in law is coming up from Mexico this Friday to be the first dune buggy tour victim.

No comments: