Saturday, May 14, 2011

Carter Dune Buggy Repairs

Took a well deserved break from Electrical work this week.  Cliff finally brought his kids broken Carter buggy over, from Athabaska.  It has been broken for years, and "nobody can fix it."  I had said it is not a big deal, just weld it up, without a clear understanding of the problem.  But it looks like it really is that simple.

Cliff also pointed out there is a "divorce sale" hammerhead in Saskatchewan for $1700, which happens to be black, the one colour I don't own.  So that would complete my buggy collection.  If she gets back to me today, I will probably drive out and buy another dune buggy, complete the rental fleet.  A closer look on Kijiji reveals the next cheapest Hammerhead 250SS is $4000, so there is some good resale potential there too.

No comments: