Wednesday, December 14, 2011

10,000 Amps, Vs Wood Screw


My blog is falling behind.
Well, been busy at work lately even though its cold.  This is the place I have spent most of my time lately.  I am starting to feel sorry for this contractor.  I pulled new service wires into this conduit, then the inspector came and failed all the conduit work, despite the fact that its existing, we have to change all of it.

They presumably put a screw through another wire effecting one plug, that we found so far, which I pulled a new wire to.  Then the add on, a naked loomex wire run on the outside of the house, and into the wall for a pool table light.  We switched this light with expensive remote switching, located in the basement near the panel.  The remote then sits on the interior wall at the entrance to the pool table, as any switch would.

They get a big glorious pool table light, doesn't work.  Sure enough switch doesn't work.  I replace it, second one doesn't work.  Short circuit, two switches toast, $300.  By now most of the siding is done, so running a new wire outside the house is tricky, I assumed they got a screw through this wire too.  I pull a new wire, and decide to wire this big expensive light always on so the boys can check periodicly that its still working, and know apx where, and when they put a nail through that wire.

Blam, breaker pops.  Wouldn't you know it the light fixture has a short circuit.  This was no cheap light fixture either.  Anyway the video is just of the service work, should have made one of the other drama, maybe tomorrow.

No comments: