Saturday, December 3, 2011

Old Stinky Died

Its a tragic day, 15 days short of a full year, and old stinky, the vegetable oil hybrid died.  At 11:06 this morning, rite down town Edmonton, on Jasper ave.  She still gets lots of fuel, but won't run.  That's the extent of my winter trouble shooting.  Fortunately she died in an intersection, one block from a metered parking spot.  Once pushed into legal parking, I was just two blocks from the LRT stop, which took me strait home, where I have a running van, a tow bar, and even the borrowed car dolly

Ironically I had just come up with the second vegetable oil hybrid plan.  #2 was inspired by the collection of waste motor oil I have.  A youtuber friend has found that when he mixes "black oil" with waste vegetable oil, his injectors get stuck closed.  He does run both all the time, but almost always has to change his injectors (6 times now).  So I thought I would make a "black oil hybrid".  Here is the vid.

No comments: