Thursday, December 29, 2011

Astro Van Gets New Springs

The Astro Van has taken some serious abuse this year, hauling around a ton of copper, and towing the big trailer full of more copper and tools.  Until today I have put air bag suspension on everything I drive.  I got a few air leaks in a couple of air bags, and decided to go with a more permanent trailer hauling solution for the Chevy Astro Van.  I stopped in at the local Alberta Spring and Trailer, got myself a set of steal leaf springs, to replace the cracking fiberglass springs, and 4 extra 1/4" thick steel leafs.  I also picked up some coil over shock helper springs.  The over all result is very heavy rear suspension which can haul anything now.  The next area to address would be the tires.  Now I can get so much weight in the van the tires look low because they can't hold enough psi.

No comments: