Monday, November 28, 2011

Fussy The Possum

I don't want to diss my old past ferret, but wow the Sugar Glider Possums are way better pets.  This little girl I got, sleeps all day.  She is just a little bigger than a mouse.  Being a marsupial, she is happiest in a pouch or pocket close to me.  I haven't taken her out on the motorcycle or snow mobile yet (because I haven't been out on them), but she is in my shirt all day, sleeping.  I am grinding, cutting steel, and wood, chainsaw, skill saw, sawzall, drill, sleeps through it all.  Then I have to get her up at 10pm, when I want to go to bed.

If I want to hang out with her a bit, I pretty much put her on some news paper, and lift her tail, and she makes little mouse size poops, on command.  We have been sort of discouraging her from flying, mostly cause Gus, our youngest dog, wants to eat her.  Our house isn't very fly friendly, she can't grip the walls, and so she hits the floor when she jumps for the wall.  She will jump off me into her cage, or from Michelle to me.

I named her Sheila, since she is native to Australia, and a girl.  But her name quickly evolved to Fussy Pants.   The name speaks for its self.  The fact that she has little hands, she can throw food if she doesn't like it, which she does all the time.  She also makes the oddest "crabbing" noise when she is disturbed and irritated.  A quick video of her eating a piece of apple on my arm.

No comments: