Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Winter Fun

The Astro pushed its servo out again, this time I know its retainer clip was well seated.  If my transmission wasn't made of aluminum, I would have that servo welded in by now.  It must have a damaged retaining clip grove or something.  So I will try to screw the retainer in, to get by for the winter.

Wouldn't you know it.  I buy brand new snow tires for the van.  Put new steal leaf springs with 4 extra leafs in er so I can LOAD it this winter and get lots of traction.  Almost bought an electric locker rear end, ($1500+).  And the van ends up basically up on blocks waiting for transmission parts from Louisiana, with no intention of putting the rebuild trans in till spring.  Wile the VW, had the intention of taking a mini retirement for winter with its currently bald tires, solidified fryer fat, and other problems.  Here is the start of winter fun this morning in my quick vid.  Incidentally, dis-spite the snapping sound inside the door, when the key turned (without unlocking anything), the door lock worked in the afternoon after driving around with the heat blasting, and some sun.

No comments: