Friday, June 19, 2009

resession


I am just learning, hopefully this attempt at embedding a utube vid worked. I know it didn't last time. I thought this video was funny, and it is somewhat related to today's post.

I searched Kijiji for "moving". Pages and pages just posted in the last 4 hours in the middle of the day. We need a new bed, there was a pair of twins, to make a king, for $400. Electric massage beds. I have to have em. I call, talkin like I might be able to come Sunday. He said it has to be gone before monday, cause his house goes on the market. I felt he would give me the beds if I just remove them for him. Turns out the good will is coming on Monday, and taking what ever is left.

Looking further. If only I needed a car, van, truck, camper, there are all kinds, "moving flying can't take it with me" I am going to look at some shaft drive cruiser bikes. I have had it w chain drive, I still love my sport bike, but its no good on strait AB roads. The distances I do on it out here require a pit stop to tighten the chain pretty much, as I have broken 2 chains in AB, and never before in my life have I broken a motorcycle chain.

Michelle STILL doesn't know if she has a job in Sept. There is only one week of school left. As it stands now it probably won't change our Toronto plans, but...

We have been invited and intend to go camping at West Shore, St Paul Area, next weekend, with the camper and freinds. That will keep us in AB (not in Toronto) for at least another 3 days, mwa ha ha ha.

Glad I didn't have to teach that drywall course. Only 2 people signed up. I was using some 'mud', that you have to mix, in the new 'man cave'. This mud came in powder form, from the collection of tools foreclosed on in lue of an electrical bill. I mixed some in the winter for the old man cave, and added enough water to it that it didn't go hard. But it went like black. I mixed it up well, to a grey color, but it would not spread nice. So I mixed a new batch, but not until I made a complete mess of all 4 walls, and let it dry. The new batch, wow was it better, for like 10 min, then it was hard. I have some chemical reaction fast drying mud, which is good, just wish someone told me. My point was... I had mixed up that mud in the winter thinking I would bring the rest of the mud to my class in May. Little did I know it had essentially 'kicked off', and was no good for anything.

Ron had told me about this great fast drying mud, he learned about it from Tom, and Tom had done the drywall at the bankrupt pub. I should have known. Ron is the renovation master. He was 'flat out' here in Andrew this year and last. But he learned quickly that the Ukrainians don't want to pay for anything. He won't tell me what he made last year, but he said he is throwing in the towel. He grossed 1.5 million in 2007, and this year he was stunned when he did his taxes. So he said no more. Just projects for himself, being flipping houses after renovations ect, building new houses. He offered me a bunch of left over deck material to build a deck in the front, I might just have to do that.

No comments: