Thursday, June 4, 2009

Camping trip fun


A picture of Michelle and a few other daring individuals jumping in the lake at the Bellis camp sight. Keep in mind that the ice just melted off the lake about 2 weeks prior, the water is still really cold.

Last fall I was never really concerned with the trailer brakes, with no real plans to go over any major hills with the camper. I had forgotten that I had hooked up one trailer brake on the old camper with still one connection to make for the left wheel. But wow even one wheel really brings things to a stop, just touching the brake pedal, it is quite a sensation.

The camper was great, Michelle put the bunk mattress under the seat cushion/mattress, which made it very comfortable, not like sleeping on plywood. The threeway fridge only seems to work on 120v, I expect the propane and 12v aren't even hooked up, as the fridge appears to be an upgrade from the original.

We have a bottle depot that opened up in town a few months ago, finally. I towed the trailer behind the dune buggy the first visit there, as they are right on my personal dune buggy trail that cuts through my back yard and rite through town. Yesterday I was on my way there w the dune buggy and a garbage bag full of empties from the camping trip. Well I left out the front yard, and through the ditch cross the front of two houses, stopped at the trail to cross the road and go down the trail. Well wouldn't you know it a Piece Officer pulls up w his lights on and sends me back home. The funny thing was he knew where I lived, perhaps there has been complaints, or less likely but possibly he saw me leave my drive way. He made out like I can drive the thing anywhere, outside of the "city limits", which just means leaving out the back yard instead of the front, in my interpretation. The properties behind us are farm where it seems 'anything goes'.

My new rototiller/mole repeller has brought composting to the next level. I just dump the house hold compost in the tines of the tiller and it grinds stuff up for 2 hours a night until there is no recognizable vegetable waste. I almost want to turn it off and let the moles come, so I can turn it on and witness them vacating the place. That will prolly be what happens the last week of August when we return from Toronto.

All is looking good for the Toronto trip, except for a minor disagreement, Michelle wants to drive, and I want to fly. That will work its way out I am sure.

No comments: