Thursday, July 29, 2010

Iphone4

Apple is being all secret about the stupid Iphone 4, it kinda pisses me off. If I want one I have to line up at 10am at the apple store in Edmonton Friday. I had tried getting one from the states, and they were sold out. Edmonton has no idea how many they are getting, nor how much they will cost. So what the heck, I booked the job, that I actually returned on the 20th ish to do, for Friday afternoon, after my potential Iphone purchase. How much is too much to pay for an Iphone? I don't want to line up for 2 hours, get to the counter, and be like $1200, "geez I waited all this time I should just buy it?" I can get an android with a lesser camera for $120.

The job I am doing has been delayed. The contractor, who just bought another trailer before I left for Victoria, to replace his stolen one, got his whole rig, truck, trailer, tools, stolen again. I wouldn't want to be paying his insurance. I really don't think it pays to be driving a new truck. And these stories are always the same, trailer turns up empty somewhere, usually torched, truck and tools are never seen again.

My "worlds most fuel efficient contractors van" is coming along. Got the motor almost out of the ol VW. But the transplant won't take place till I get the Ranger going. It kinda made me a lot happier about the Ranger, seeing in Victoria, people are paying $15k for similar little diesel trucks from Japan, with irritating right hand drive. I still somewhat dread calling the motor shop to see how much I owe, to pick up my finished block.

No comments: