Saturday, July 31, 2010

Iphone 4 complaints

I am still stupidly happy w the new Iphone4, but I have some complaints.

The "free bumper/case" doesn't come with the Iphone4 at the store, but you have to register in the Iphone app store, then install the "free bumper app" and wait 6-8 weeks for the new case. I already dropped my phone on the concrete once, hope it lasts 8 weeks. There are no cases available to buy at stores.

The Ipod function will only sync with Itunes. I have been through this before. I remember something happened like, once my music was in Itunes, I couldn't get it out or something. I'll make sure to back it up this time.

The app store is the greatest time vortex I have ever seen. Hopefully that effect of "how did I just spend 4 hours in the app store?" will diminish over time.

I don't like the keyboard much at all. Its somewhat tolerable in portrait view, but a lot of Iphone applications don't work in Portrait, they only work in the vertical position. I have also found sometimes I can't get rid of the keyboard, and it takes up half, or more of the screen real estate. There must be something I am missing with that, but I have had to reboot the Iphone4 to get rid of the keyboard.

Iphone4 is supposed to be able to multi task two apps at the same time, but most of the apps were never made to do that, so multitasking doesn't work on any apps I've tried.

Iphone4 has an auto correct, finish the word before its typed, dealeo that is pretty slick, but it doesn't allow me to program my favorite abbreviations, so it recognizes for example, w is short for with.

Overall the iphone is an impressive piece of work.

Nothing to do w the Iphone, this is the animal waterer I made today. First video with the Iphone4.

No comments: