Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Piece o Junk Dodge

We left with an hour to spare, to make the last ferry to Victoria. But the 14 hour drive was thrown off when we hit the Coquihalla. Mistakenly I kept our same speed in the beginning, only to overheat. I found one of the radiator fans had failed, and the radiator cap broke, after looking more closely. After stopping on the side of the highway to refill the radiator with swampy ditch water, a couple of times, it became obvious that we would be lucky to make it to Canadian Tire in Chilliwack by 9. We did just make it to Canadian tire, for a new rad cap, and a 5 gallon jug of water. Then just under the wire, we got to a wicked sushi place that closed at 9:30. previously having a 1 hour range, with the 6 liters of water evaporating out the cap, we made it the hour plus to the ferry. I just checked and the rad is still full, so I didnt blow the head gasket out. Unbelievable, they say the old Dodge 360s are indestructible, maybe there is some truth to that. I drove it a long way up hill w the temp gauge pinned, and no coolant in it, until we spotted a 6 liter plus puddle to fill it up.

We were the 7th car in line at the ferries at 11pm. By 3am the place was packed. I was all excited for the $39 sale, but my four foot car dolly made it cost $90 to get on the ferry. Cant wait to see what it costs actually towing a car.

No comments: