Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BBB

Moving to the city.  Financing approved.  We are not far from Ron, who gave me all his concrete forms, and other junk, when he left Andrew.  I went to see him to give him one of the sawhorses that I made from all the plywood forms he gave me.  We had some good conversation.  He got on to the Better Business Bureau.  Ron says his phone doesn't stop ringing with calls from the BBB website, he keeps his status as unavailable most of the time, until he needs a job.  But not only does he get a constant influx of work, but the BBB offers businesses the average price for given services in Edmonton, these days.  How valuable is that?  They make estimating easy.  I believe it only costs $300 annually to be a member, and you only have to meet their criteria in business for 12 months.  The criteria you have to meet is just basic "making the customer happy" that I have expected to do anyway.   That is exciting, kinda next level, Master Electrician, BBB approved.  But the site also allows for me to do anything I want, and get a reasonable quote from the BBB, and pass the quote on to the client, for any renovation, flooring installation, or whatever.

Michelle got her Motorcycle licence today.  She did really well, she could have got twice the negative points and still passed.  They sure changed the test a lot since I did it.  The instructor just follows you around speaking instructions through a head set.  No parking lot work, no emergency stop, no cones, no slow riding.

I have 2 ditch witch jobs tomorrow, we'll see if it can make me $200 an hour.  It has been great for the up sell.   "Do you want to run power to your shed out there, I'm bringing the Ditch Witch out tomorrow, I can do it up like nothing"  50 meter trench $400.  We'll see how well it does.

I don't know whats wrong with me.  I can make lots of excuses for my actions here.   For one Michelle thought it was a good idea.  As some know we paid $5k for our Hammerhead.  Now we paid like $5700 for 2, so cost averaged down to like $2800 each.  We really want a buggy in Mexico, but can't bare to leave $5k down there for the use it will get.  There is a good chance this buggy has a seized motor or something.  I have always wanted to put a big motorbike motor into a buggy.  So the future of this buggy is unknown, if it runs, I might just flip it for $2200 or something.

No comments: