Thursday, September 9, 2010

Randomness

Some old dude named Less, stopped by the house. He grew up here in this house from 1951 to 1963. He was absolutely thrilled that we kept the kitchen exactly the same colors as it was back in 1951. It was very interesting to me that the shoddy lean to and house extension were both there in 1951. There was no running water, the bathroom was actually his bedroom. No need for a bathroom when the outhouse was a nice walk to the back of the property, he said he would be constipated for 5 months of the year, not wanting to go out there. Michelle doesn't know how good she has it.
The basement had a window, where they shoveled coal and fire wood into the basement, from outside. Then they would climb down the vertical ladder through the 18" x 24" kitchen trap door, every day to get coal and fire wood

Atco gas has been to the house, and marked out my gas lines, I'm ready to test the trencher. I think I will run some power to the chicken coop.
I'm In the process of designing vinyl stickers for the trailer. Then my big sign board trailer will go in the front yard when not in use. Thinking I need to trench in power for a motion light in the lawn that lights up my big trailer signage. I should wait till they mark out the water lines for that one. I know where the valve is, and where it comes in the house, I'll be 15' from that strait line connecting the 2. Water lines should be 8' down too.

Michelle is always searching the MLS for a new home. She came across an older home in Edmonton with great potential. She has looked at it, and can "see the potential", which is odd.
I am going to go look at it today.
I have 2 modes of thought, when I am making it, money isn't an issue, and when I have lots of free time, renovation work isn't an issue. Rite now I am cringing a bit at the potential renovations needed.
Whats shocking here is not the price, $150k, with an allegedly verbally accepted $120k offer, but that Michelle is impressed with the place, and it is less than half the price of her typical standard. So I will have to consider this one. There is no garage, or even driveway, which made it easy to agree to keep the Andrew place, for my shop, weekend yard fires, and shooting stuff. Maybe we would rent the house in Andrew out, keeping the shop n offices, see how it goes. Also looking at a bare property in Mexico that is 1/3 the value of this place. We would own 3 homes if that was the case. Trying to keep up with Kim and Katey, lol.

No comments: