Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Potential New Buggy Trailer

We were presented with a problem.  We have two awesome dune buggies, 2 people in the family, but only a one buggy trailer.  The weather is still awesome, 20ish degrees, and I wanted to go to the sand dunes or one of the other glorious ATV parks I recently discovered.  Ripping down the old railway tracks here at home is only fun for so long.   Also if we rent machines, we want to be able to transport a minimum of 4 buggies to the sand dunes for the day.  I have to find out the maximum allowable width, but we need at least an 8' x 15' deck to haul 4 Hammerheads.  I found this piece of work, an old camper, genius decided to make a fully enclosed work trailer with.  He started with a fully insulated OSB floor, and decided he didn't have time to complete it, wants $500.  Its in a storage compound, found the add for sale dated back in August, you know he's taking $300, the price of one axle new.  For now, with the addition of lights, registration, and tie downs, this would transport our 2 buggies.  Over the winter I will rip the OSB chip board off, and make a nice metal deck to hold 4 buggies, and potentially a car, to give my metal work and trailer some resale value.  And a link to my new buddies buggy parts website, before I forget, if you have a 250cc dune buggy, best selection and price is here at http://store.maximumparts.com/


Unloaded the pictures from my phone today.  This is the pile of garbage from the lean to.  Its not moving as quick as last years free pile, but really just the dishwasher is left now, and some small stuff I don't mind taking to the dump.  I cleaned out the lean to so the new buggy and Ditch Witch would fit, I amazed my self, room for another two buggies now too.

 Michell was having fun taking pictures of me shooting my bow, this isn't the best one, just a random from the bunch.  We exploded Michelle's compound bow.  I kept on dialing the draw weight down for her, until there wasn't enough screw threads tapped in to hold the leaf spring to the handle, and one screw let go, sending little, hopefully replaceable, parts everywhere.  Apparently if you want a bow with less than a 35lb draw you should buy a youth bow.


No comments: