Friday, October 22, 2010

Mice!

There was a point I was looking forward to rototilling garden plots in the spring w the tractor. Just $60 a plot would prolly average a lil over $60 an hour.

Now I got the trencher, and I charge $2.50 a foot, it easily makes me $200 an hour.  But it doesn't seem like enough. The $2000 dirt chain is streaching fast.  I did get it used, but if I only get 10 $200 jobs out of it, before I have to replace the $2000 chain, well then I didn't make anything.

I upped my minimum rate to $200. So I might make $400 an hour this week with a quick half hour trench. I am going to call around and see what everyone else charges. If my rates are not too low, I will just assume I got a bit duped on the unit, and it's pretty worn out. Nothing $2000 and a bit of welding won't fix.

I am broke this month. Conditions to get our mortgage included "paying off my line of credit, and my credit cards". I sincerely said," no problem, I pay off my credit cards every month in full.". I was so sincere that he took the credit cards off the condition. That is good they did, cause I am just about $8k short this month to pay them off.

I have a lot of work this week.  It's mostly people that see my van. I park in the contractors parking at home depot, and buddy asks me to rewire his house.  Contractor building a house next door to our Edmonton house, wants me to wire the next one he has started building.

Our neighborhood is pretty entertaining. We have a prostitute that works the corner rite by our house. I don't even need to watch her, I can listen to Michelle watch her for entertainment. "that guy is driving a minivan, I bet he has a wife n kids at home"

I canceled the Andrew internet.  That was a great moment for me. "why are you cancelling our service?" "Because I hate you, my service didn't work for 6 months, you were suposed to credit my account, never did, you have been debiting my bank account for 5 years, which I never gave permision to do, dispite multiple calls to the billing department that I never get through to, and trying to charge me $80 for a service call for you to come out and fix your equipment is so BS"

That bank repo condo wiring gig I did, where I felt guilty, bidding $1200 for 6 hours work.  Well I found out today that my electrical bid, after the contractor added his 10%, still came in $3500 below the lowest bid.  People are gouging out there like crazy.

I catch 3-4 mice a week, live and dead, in my shop.  We tried keeping 2 in the hamster cage after Chester died, but they escaped at night.  We sealed up the weak points and a new mouse climbed through the 1/4" space in the bars right in front of us.  So we now have 3 mice in the fish tank.  Michelle loves them.

I did a short confusing video to show the new mice and the bucket they got stuck in.  They also get stuck in the deep fryer fat buckets, I am getting sick of filtering them out.  Trying to keep a lid on the fryer fat these days.

No comments: