Saturday, October 23, 2010

Minivans, Sheesh

Well maybe my transmission shudder was a little more than fluid.  Its finally gone bad on me.  Its about time the way I treat the thing, hauling the 6000lb trailer around and such.  That trailer is parked for winter now, unless I get brakes for it.  Its supposed to snow Monday.  Hauling the 1000lb trencher around today, on the feather lite flat deck, out of the river valley, the only hills in Edmonton.  Get a green light, and it didn't want to go.  I'm thinking thats normal, I don't really live in a reality, with hills, first hill I have hauled a trailer up in months.  I had to really step on it, and it went up the hill, but now it doesn't want to shift out of first, irritating.  Its getting that VW motor ASAP.  In the mean time, dozens of late 90's caravans for $500-1000.  It looks like I can even be picky, and hold out for white, needing a vehicle, like tomorrow.

I am getting busy, especially for not trying to be.  I want to fix this new house, build the fences, blah, blah, blah.  Phone doesn't stop ringing.  I am going to hire a call center or get Michelle on that.  I get kids looking for work all the time too, I am thinking 2 vans will be an asset, and likely in use soon.  So I have to go through the whole 2 week van construction process again now, and install:
Power locks
alarm
axillary batteries
1500 watt inverter (temporary power)
tool drawers
2000lb airbag suspension
trailer hitch
trailer light wiring
brake controller
satellite radio hard wired
GPS hard wired
excessive interior lights (off aux batteries)
locking roof ladder racks
Amber beacon strobe lights
seat covers
head ache rack
conduit compartment
electrical tape hooks
rear step/spare tire mount
the name painted, or stickers on the sides and back
an extra 6 cigarette lighter 12v plugs
Lap top suspension mount
Printer suspension mount
mobile attached filing system
combination floor safe (welded in)
Extra 2 cup holders (total 4)
business card holder
Iphone cradle/FM transmitter
Overhead console
Remote starter
interior shelving for wire and everything
Blah, blah, blah
And you ask why I don't lease a vehicle.  Don't ask again.  All that takes a long time to put in, and I consider it all as needed.  I don't think any of it "increases the value" to any mortal human, only me.

On the more fun side, I played a little hooky last week to look at a cheap sand rail, for Mexico.  Everybody wants me to take a dune buggy to Mexico.  I have Michelle's approval, for the open concept kitchen, with dune buggy parking when we come back to Canada, so I simply have to get a dune buggy down there.  the hammerheads are limited in speed to 65km/h unless I really spend a lot more money on them, and they start eating drive belts when you do that.  The drive belt breaks enough as it is.  So I looked at this machine.  I will probably buy just after Halloween, when The owner gets back from work.  I pretty much had to skip out from work, to catch him before he flew off to McMurray at 3pm last week.  I am a little worried about the flywheel thing.  I remember people always wanted the 66 and 1967 beetle transmissions, cause they are the only non CV joint (old style) that fit the 12v flywheel.  So I'm just going to assume this has that year trans in it.  Comes with a "running" 1500, ready to bolt in.  There are a good half dozen around here for sale, all over $6000, this one $1000.  I'll just get it running, rip up the neighbors grass, and finish it in Mexico.

No comments: