Saturday, March 6, 2010

Michelle The Curling Champion

.


Yes Michelle had her first womens curling game today. I edited
a short video of her progress from her first shot to getting a
"bulls eye" with the rock. I can't load the video from my cellular
stick so I will upload it later

I was horrified to realize my tool box drawers that I made
for muy truck, specifically only 4' wide, so one day they could
go in the ranger, don't fit in the Ranger. How did I not account
for the wheel wells? Not to worrie, I will cut the wheel wells out
and put wheel spacers on if I have to, to fit the drawers
in the bottom of the bed. My ranger is much smaller, and it
will be hard to carry all the electrical stuff I need.
I already have a shortage of truck realestate.

Its become apperant that my sexy new trailer is too big
to haul around to do electrical work. It is kinda too small
to move people, but it moves a single person out of an
appartment. The trailer doesn't have any anual costs, no trailer
insurance needed in AB, and it makes me money when I am motivated
and moving people.

I looked at what I call the "Telus service body" canopys
today. All they are is a canopy, with tool boxes on both sides.
$3500 for a small one to fit the Ranger, and they have it
in stock. That is way too much money.

I decided the way to go is a small trailer, maybe 4x8. I
thought maybe I would make one, cause I love making things,
but it would brobably not be a good look for the company,
looking home made. Then, on the drive home today
I was thinking something areo dinamic, that trailed in the
Rangers draft, and looks good. Another Ranger box, I can paint
to match the truck, would give me all the room I need, and look
sharp. I thought I could cut it down to 6' even and have enough
room, then I though I can use the Bronco back, I know Daryl hasn't
crushed it yet, and it will match the truck perfectly.

Then I looked online, 5x8 fully enclosed trailers are only
about $2000, so maybe I will just buy one, wile I start my
home made trailer build.

I am finding almost all my work is in new subdivisions, with
lots of dead ends, narrow streets, and limited parking.
At some point I will poster a subdivision up, and go door
to door, but rite now, I can't manuver my trailer efficeintly
in the subdivisions, and I am constantly running to Home
Depot to get stuff in just the truck, so I will buy a
little trailer.

I just found the video that inspired my leaving Ft McMurray,
which just proves, I had fun making videos, even before I
realized it. I will post that later, I don't think its that
incriminating, but it got me and my apprentice grounded for
an indefinite period of time at work.

No comments: