Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Puting Air Bags In The Voyager Minivan

I was a little unsure how I was going to get air bags in the minivan to start with, it doesn't have the space a full size pickup has to mount them and it was keeping me up at night wondering where they were going to fit. I just decided to get to it, I got 48" of steel 5" wide, the width of the air bags and figured it out along the way. It all worked out in the end. It was a full day 8am to 8pm making mounts and all, but its $500 US to order the shocks with air bags on em, and I don't think that the shock air bags are as good.


Tomorrow I will have to go to the city to get a brake line, some paint for my lettering, and some smaller stencils to finish the slogan on the van. Hopefully I get enough time in the evening to fabricate a trailer hitch.

No comments: