Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Clean Up

A lot of the snow has melted, so its time to put the sleds away, and clean up the yard. My $50 Quansit collapsed in the wind, I will take it down, and build the fence to keep the dogs in. There was a fence but it looked like crap and was all falling down, looking at selling the place in the nearish future we need a nice appearance at least initially as you walk in to the yard. I will fix the back yard, out of sight fence with the $0.10 bark cuts from the mill, just to keep the dogs in. But the fence up to the garden we are going to do in 1x4s probably painted white, screwed to horizontal 2x4s that are screwed to 6" cedar fence posts in cement. The fence posts and cement were done last year.

Been playing with the youtube videos, titles and thumbnails. I don't have much control over thumbnails until I am a youtube partner, which will require more subscribers. But the titles, I put 3 Ft Mac videos up at the same time, and what I consider to be the crappiest video, but with perhaps the most interesting title, in fact gets 3x the views. Thats this one.


My latest air bag video has had explosive views (for me) and got rated with 5 stars. I had sent it to airbagit.com offering them to use it on their web site, with just the simple thanks to them in the credits. My first youtube video was the airbag vid that they featured, it is my crappiest all time video, and gets more views than everything I have published put together. It took them several days, but I think they must have finally featured my new air bag video.

When I get 100 subscribers, I can apply for a youtube partnership. When I get a partnership, I get more youtube tools, and I get 50% of revenue they make advertising on my videos. I find people all the time like me that suck at videos, and I see they got thousands of views on a video, lets see why. Well its always either exploiting sex, showing irrelevant cleavage as the thumbnail, or its "the bong hit" or a pirated video that they don't own. The non partners are always the last 2, because its only the partners that can put irrelevant thumbnails on their vidoes. just a short rant of my youtube findings.

No comments: