Thursday, April 22, 2010

Small Town Awesomeness

With work and all going on now I am just going to post a video every friday, to youtube. I am going to give the blog the same day, although I might write the stories during the week, as events happen, for now I will just post once a week.

Today was awesome. Small town awesomeness, we went to the insurance broker and insured the 185cc Honda. I couldn't find the papers for it anywhere, but in Alberta a bill of sale is good. So I wrote a bill of sale and sold it to Michelle. The Vin number won't come up cause it isn't from this province, so I double check the VIN and it is all correct. She says well we will just have to over ride that. Then Michelle has a ticket she needs to pay, we weren't prepared to pay it now, so just put it in my name. OK, so I insured and registered an out of province bike without the out of province inspection, with a bill of sale I wrote selling it to myself. Awesomeness!

Hopefully I can do the chopper up in another month the same way. With a bike that is worth more, and could easily be stolen, I don't know if they would be so quick to over ride the system.

Then Larry, really my favorite, and most successful person I know out here, invited me to a "meeting" tonight. It was about a new telecom company, that is just opening up, offering reasonable prices, and marketing entirely with a MLM type structure. I am sold on it, its exactly what I have been looking for, for internet service, cell phone, and business opportunity. They are also offering home camera systems, that alert your Iphone when there is motion in your house, and you can bring up your home camera, AND MOVE THE CAMERA WITH YOUR IPHONE, to see if there is anybody in your house. So not only are there prices better than anybody on the market today, and I get 20% commisions on the monthly services I can sell, but they will need installers too.

The bid went out verbally for the commercial project in Lamont today. I have to confirm we will be ok with just two fixtures in the chemical storage room, cause they are $1500 each for explosion proof fixtures.

My video this week is kinda lame. When I got back from Mexico I replaced this belt on the truck, and it made a huge smoke show when I started it. I shut it down quick and took the belt off. I have been thinking for a few months I should have filmed it, so I reinstalled it. It didn't make as much smoke this time, and it snapped quick.

No comments: