Thursday, August 5, 2010

Neighbors

Weird, my neighbor, Metro, from the back came over yesterday. He is the one that made the great but useless home made tractor. He has to be 90. Metro was looking for a transmission to make a gear reduction to start his 1920 2ton Cat Dozer. He is fed up with the hand crank. I went over there to see if I could offer up any help. Since I last saw Metro he made himself a metal lathe. He made it last winter. I love seeing that stuff.

Metro also has a camper the same as the one we left in Mexico, that he will never use again. I had talked to him about buying it before, but his 90 year old mind doesn't remember me at all. He wanted a ridiculous $3000 for it, but I bet if I go over there, hang out, help him crank his ol Cat, I can talk him out of it for less than $1000

I will go over there w my Iphone and get some video of the metal lathe and tractor. My phone had just died yesterday. I can see how the iphone could last several days on a charge, but I use it so much, it hasn't lasted a full day yet. I did order 4 more chargers from china, for $0.99 - $2 each. All won on ebay auctions. One by the bed for the alarmclock app, one in the car, computer bag, office, and I'm good. Then I also ordered a couple of $0.99 cases and bumpers, so I can switch it up a little. Plus I think china will be faster than apples "8 weeks to delivery" on their free bumper app.

I have got a steady stream of work coming in since I got home. I am thinking of getting into some hot tub repairing for the fall, just for something new, to keep it interesting. Hot tubs seem troublesome to a lot of people.

Here is a vid of my attempting to cut a grove for 100' plus of heated floor wire to fit in. My idea worked but not very well. Double click it to see the full size so you can read the print and all, double clicking the video will pop it out.

No comments: