Friday, March 4, 2011

I finally got into an early morning fender bender. Very minor, the street wasn't wide enough for 2 w the snow piled both sides, and we made contact. The woman, and her insurance company tried to blame me. Fortunately I took pictures, and you can see she could have moved over another 8", putting her out of harms way. So as I expected from the beginning it's 50 50 blame. We both got dents, prolly $2000 each for repairs. I wasn't even going to mention mine but if your going to hold me 50% responsible, her company can pay for half my damage, and we go home even, just call it even, in my world. But no... The other company wants to come assess the, very small, dent and scratch in my van. They have told me my van will most likely be a rite off, once they see it, and decide it's worth more to fix than it's worth, they report it to the government and it can no longer be registered until it gets a "rebuilt" inspection. A little over the top don't you think. I never really liked the van much anyway, but do I take all the stuff out n let them haul it away? Do I pay for the inspection and have whatever bs fixed? Or do I say "I'm not claiming any damage to my van?

Sent from my iPhone4

1 comment:

Stuff said...

"once they see it, and decide it's worth more to fix than it's worth, they report it to the government and it can no longer be registered until it gets a "rebuilt" inspection."

that's a load of BS. Ive never heard of something like that. didnt scrape fenders off or do structural damage right? In sk you can just sign off on stuff like that and take the payout instead of getting fixed.