Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bikes

The chain of events that spawned a new motorcycle.
First I went to Honda to buy a brake cable for Michelle's 185cc, which stops brilliantly now. The new brake cable made all the difference, I never would have guessed, cause the old one still works, but it sticks.
d
I have never fallen for the "new" bikes, but its interesting to see them. A salesman approached me and asked what I was looking for. Because of BC's insurance rates, and fuel mileage, I said I want a 750 cruiser. His eyes lit up and he said I have just the bike for you. Yeh rite I thought, I am not even really looking. Then he brings out this gorgeous 2008 Honda Shadow, and says they only want $7k for it, and its brand new. I was a little stunned. I went home and searched for used Shadows, and 2008's with lots of km on em people were asking 7k, to 10k even, whats wrong w these people. I wanted to buy this just cause it is such a good deal and a beautiful bike.
Then I came across an 85 Shadow, for $1500. This was less than 1/3 of any of the shadows listed for sale. The add said "call me" and then he didn't leave his #. No picture of the bike either.
So I went to look at the 85 armed w cash I got it for $1340. I can ride it all season, and if so inclined "chop it" this winter. But Michelle really likes it, and it fits her well, so she might graduate to it if she gets frustrated with the 185 on the highway.

This is the video of the old "garden worthy" bicycles at a local garage sale. Mom wants one, which one?

No comments: