Thursday, June 24, 2010

Update

I am really pissed off with the Blockshop. I gave them my Ranger motor, and said, what do I need to order for pistons and bearings? The space between cylinders looks too small to use oversize pistons, do I need sleeves (a much more expensive job) or can I use oversize pistons. They said Yeh you can use 40 thou over pistons. I said "really, wow, I have room for 40 thou (1mm over) pistons, are you sure?". So I thought I saved myself $300 on the parts I ordered from Australia, and more than $600 in machining costs. They call me today and say, your engine sleeves are too thin, we have to resleeve it. I am really mad just writing about it. 1/4 of my less expensive $1200 kit, was just shipping to get it here, and I don't expect we can get 40 thou over sleeves, so I will need a whole new $1500 kit possibly. But what really erks me, is I waited 6 weeks, and paid the Blockshop $300 to measure, and tell me, to order the wrong parts. I wanted to order the sleeve kit, cause we knew it would work, and I could order it rite away, but they conviced me to "save some money" which is now going to cost me twice as much. Do I cut my losses and write the truck off or what? I will go and talk to the Blockshop in person tomorrow.

I have been trying to come up with a convenient way to carry my phone, so it doesn't get smashed. In preparation for my new Iphone 4. I have been carrying it around my neck on a lanyard lately, which has been working brilliantly until yesterday.

Yesterday I bent over to pick up a bucked of water, and my phone swung out from my belly button where it usually sits, and plopped in the water as I picked it up. I was in disbelief at first. I grabbed it and saw that it was now off, tried turning it on, nope not happening. So I pulled the battery, and thew it in the oven for an hour, to warm. I put the battery back in and tried to turn it on, then it made sizzling sounds like bacon going in the frying pan. So I left it the rest of the day. I actually went to buy a new one at the end of the day, took the old cracked water log piece w me. Made one last attempt, at the store to put the battery on and power it up. It worked.

Work is flat out. I had an old guy come and give me a card, looking for work. His card was "Such And Such Services Journeyman Electrician", he said "if you ever need a hand give me a call" I gave him my card and said "If you need a permit, give me a call." That was kind of cool since he was about 60, and as we talked he is just looking to "stay in town" somewhat like me.

I can't wait to get a smart phone, one that can keep track of my Google calendar. I double booked myself for Friday. This guy wants to paint his house on the weekend, and wants the electrical finished asap, so I pulled a late one last night to finish that in 7 hours. He had gotten confused and thought he was talking to the same guy, but acctually had a second electrician coming after me last night. If I hadn't shown up at 4 yesterday, the job would have been done by Friday and I would have missed out on that job.

One chicken died, slaughtered wile we were at work. Cosmo was at the vet, Gus is the only suspect, but CSI Andrew failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it. I am going to set up permanent video cameras in the back yard, and on the street. You should see the stuff that drives by our house sometimes. Like this crane that was driving by wile I was taking a quick vid o my new bike. Wow major trouble uploading my HD vid to Blogger, and Youtube, so here is a low res version.

No comments: