Monday, June 14, 2010

Ditch Witch


I find a lot of people want to run underground wires, and need trenching. I have been thinking that would be a great piece of equipment to own. My plan was to tow the "trailer" backhoe, back from Harbor freight in the states, next time I drive to Mexico. They sell there for only $2000. A "Ditch witch" would be much quicker out here, and I saw a walk behind one the other day. I had never realized you could get walk behind units. So I started looking, and their are a few for sale, but they are all $3000 and up. Then I found this 40hp Ditch witch with a hoe, plow, and presumably 4x4, for $4000. I am sold on that. I can't find one anywhere online for less than $10k, without a hoe. I thought I have my 6000lb 6x12' trailer, I am going to buy this thing. It will be a money printing licence out here, and I can positively sell it at a profit when I am done with it. They answered all my questions wrong unfortunately. The thing is 7' wide, 20' long, and 8000lb. My trailer isn't going to work out. At 8000lb, I don't even think my dodge or Ranger could tow it. The only hope is the 57, which is far from ready to go pick up a ditchwitch. I will regret not buying this for years to come I am sure.

No comments: