Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Honda Shadow

One last attempt to upload this stupid video, its not even that good. Glad I don't rely on uploading videos for my only lincome, sheesh.

That is now ultralow resolution for email and stuff. Wow is it ever faster to process. I found a gas tank at the wrecker for the shadow, but they wanted $200 for it. They have a really rusty tank they will let go for $100, but I am just going to hack it up and "try" to make something that can hold 24 liters, vs 12 factory liters, and still look nice. For $100 I will wait till winter, and hack into my good tank, committed, but knowing should things go terribly wrong, $200 buys me a mint used tank. Sounds like its no problem to get parts for the bike though.

The Ranger isn't going to be that bad, still $1000 over budget, but the sleeves were available for the 40 thou oversize bore, for less than $100.

I've been chipping up all the trees that I topped. One of the trees I didn't top actually blew down a week ago too, so I did that just in time. Our little trail from the back door leading to the cars, the shop and the offices, should really get a concrete side walk, but that costs money, and I have all these wood chips, so its getting a 4" thick wood chip walk way. Starting at the back door where the worst of the mud starts. Its really just twice a year, but in the spring and fall it gets all muddy. I don't really have enough chips to get very far from the back door, but it should still be enough to eliminate the mud in the house. Maybe I can get a picture today.

No comments: