Sunday, August 29, 2010

Iphone Saves The Day

I have been trying to buy sights for my bow for a few weeks now, with a $20 budget. We were at an April Wine concert, in Chipman last night, totally random. Chipman has a population of less than 300 people, but they sold out 1200 tickets. We got the 3rd and 4rth to last tickets at 4pm for the 8pm show. So we were there at 8pm when my Iphone alarm goes off. I had set the alarm for an ebay auction ending at 8:15 that looked like a very promising and inexpensive bow sight. Well I had a very small panic attack thinking I am at a concert, no where near a computer, and my $5 bid was outbid for $6. Then I realized there is an ebay app. Like nothing I got the high bid of $7, w 5 min left, and the high bid of $14 in the last 20 seconds. That was awesome. Plus I also got some video of April Wine, from rite against the rail.

The TV Show they filmed at Daves House is called "Canadian Pickers", it will be on the History channel in the spring. It is so TV. Constant retakes, " make better TV if you say this" blah blah blah. What really got me was The motorbike they wanted to buy. "Lets bargan down to $250, but I'll still give you the $600 for it". I can't believe they still use film, and they only have about 60 min of battery in their big cameras. The day was constant battery replacement, film change over, retakes etc. TV shows must cost a lot, since there are 8 guys traveling in 3 rented vans, flat out all day. They were buying lunch at the local bar. The local bar made a 10 person buffet. We waited for everyone to get there, the last van, w the head guy, says, "We can't stay, we'r too far behind schedule". They paid for the buffet, and left, without touching it, leaving it for Dave an I.

A Plumber stopped to talk to me in town the other day. "Possum Electric, Love It" he says. We were talking about the different areas, and how that part of town is really quite cheap, not a lot of money to be made. He suggested I go to North Battleford Saskatchewan, and hit up cottages out there. After explaining that my Masters is no good to pull permits out there, and I don't want to commute that far, he said to hit up cottage country in Lac Labiche, Alberta. That happens to be the same distance from us, as Edmonton is, so I am going to check it out. For our wedding anniversary, I got motorbike tie downs in the trailer, we will trailer the bikes out to Lac Labiche, and bike around to explore. Michelle has her road test Sept 21.

No comments: