Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sweet Pot Belly Coal Stove

My high roller Toro (name brand) hydrostatic lawn tractor, has been undercutting the lawn with one side of the deck. It made the lawn look terrible. I was thinking I had a bent blade, no. Thought I bent some deck lifting control arm, no. The spare tire I put on the front of the tractor, was just the tiniest bit smaller than the original. The spare had a tube, so I just popped the tube out and put it in the Toro wheel, problem solved.

Work has been a little more fun lately. One house demo, moving a modular home in. Here I scored the pot belly wood stove that I have been looking for, for my shop. It was really interesting to me to hear the woman accept that "it can't be fixed", "it needs new grates, and you can't buy them". Are you kidding me? The stove already had a hand made grate in it I see, as I took it apart, obviously there when she got it. And sure enough it had 2 broken grates, but an easy fix.

Then another estimate I did late last night. I got hooked up with bank repossessions. This is not only great work, sure money, but they accept offers if I like a place, and they r all cheap. So this Condo I looked at was awesome. In the owners defense, there really isn't any way of wiring ceiling fans and extra lights without destroying the drywall. So the whole place has lumex house wire run on the surface of the ceiling, to surface mounted octagon boxes, for 3 ceiling fans, and a couple of light fixtures, a sub panel, feeding most likely grow lights that are long since gone. They had some interesting tie ins to the toilet vent, and the bathroom fan. But my fav was the "to do" list on the wall, and the "days sober", looked like over 30 hash marks for sober days. I put in kind of a high quote for that job, but its the 15th floor, down town parking, far from any suppliers, and I have to cover myself there. Even though its only a half day of work, it could easily turn into another half day if they want me to come out for something unexpected.

Did I mention that I went to Honda, and they were willing to fix the factory recall in the Camshaft, from 1983, on my Shadow? But their records stated that my bike was fixed in 1984. And I sort of noticed that the top end knocking has stopped, since I have been riding the bike around lots. Sort like the free van, if you watch the first video, "how I got the free van" the thing had a nasty tick in the video, thats gone now. Then yesterday I got a letter from Ford They wanted me to bring my Windstar in to have the shift computer fixed. It definitely had shifting issues, that made me hate automatics more than Ford. But I see maybe it was a Ford issue. That Van is long gone, they should have found me sooner.

Here is a quick vid of the SWEET pot belly coal stove

No comments: