Saturday, February 12, 2011

Flood Update and New Decor

More drama next door.
Hydrovac was by, blew an 8'deep hole down to the water main
into the house, but the sewer has collapsed beside the water
valve and spews sewer into his hole faster than he can suck it
out, so he can't turn the main off.
The house has now been condemed by Alberta Health, 8 pages of
stupidity and violations in the house.  There is another $50+
grand for the home owner, just to change 3 second story
windows out.  Just 7 I recall of the 40+...
No railings
estimated 7 years of black mold growth
backed up sewer
3 bedroom windows don't open
bad door seals
no smoke detectors
exposed wiring, shock hazard.
Living in the ghetto really is entertaining.  This is the neighbors house w 7 pages taped to the door by Alberta Health, the very specific list of reasons the house is now condemned, not fit for human habitation.  no more parking problems on the street, neighbors both sides are vacant again.

So wile Michelle is in Mexico I decided to redecorate in Andrew.  I don't really care to be in Edmonton, everything is out here in Andrew.  I emailed her pictures, so she could warm up to it, before arriving, but she embraced my decor w open arms.  Those are just BB guns.  I don't even want a real gun any more.  I have the compound and cross bows to entertain me.  We'll see how well we do hunting gophers in the spring with arrows.

No comments: