Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Still In Love w Sprinter Vans

Just checked our trailer paper work, I was suprised its a 1972 Skipper.  Our 
Mexico permit is good until December of 2019, they gave us 10 years to bring 
it home.  Vehicles they only give 6 months I believe, yet another advantage 
of the trailer.  We are really loving the camper anyway.  Next time we come 
down we will build a little stone patio off it, and fix the water, so we 
aren't using the big blue Reliance jug for gravity water pressure.  The 
typical alberta trailer, has multiple cracks in the water system from freezing.

Again looking at loop holes in the vehicle import laws.  Down here in Mexico there are Sprinter vans, but also VW, and ford Sprinter style vans.  I gaurentee the VW and ford vans don't cost as much as the Mercedes sprinter, and in pecos I bet even the sprinter is less money.  If I drive a piece o truck down here and "write it off" I can buy a mexican vehicle and import it into Canada without a problem, even if its brand new.   I got a picture of the VW diesel beside the Mercedes sprinter, at the air port, as I was getting on my flight.


No comments: