Thursday, December 3, 2009

Blogging Email

I am making some moves towards internet domination.  Firstly I will do HTML1 when I get back from Mexico.  I have been dialing up stuff for the smith blog, including email and sms posts.  This is the first email post, if it works.  The SMS (text messaging) service isn't working or it is slow.  One thing people might notice, if it works is an automated email when there is a new post, which has potential to be much more frequent.  There is still no urgency to this blog, and you can check it whenever you feel like it.  I can remove anybody from the mailing list just fire me an email with the request, but they should make viewing the blog easier, don't know for sure, but I expect you will be emailed the address every time there is a post.

I will start a weekly news letter, with free DIY, Hacks and cool gadgets.  That will work as an email with a list of cool things that caught my eye wile I was online.  The list will be written as links, and one can click on a link of interest.  Through that link they are directed to another blog with pictures and a summary of  the plans I found.  That gets me 1 traffic point, plus the potential customer is then exposed to a bunch of google advertising which I am paid per clicking on.  If my summary isn't enough there is a further link to the original sight in a new window.  That is the end of my relationship with the viewer if there was nothing offered for sale, which would be the case most of the time.  But google will always offer the advertising related to the blog post.  I believe people will stop opening your emails if you continuously try and sell stuff.  Once I get the traffic up to 10,000 per day plus, which won't take long, my web space will be premium advertising ground.  Then I can charge thousands per month to post adds in my space.  So watch out for an email subscription form on my blogs.  They will all be the same, so no need to join more than one, and the option is always given to unsubscribe.

I got tubes for both the front tires on the dune buggy.  I got them on today, that was a challenge in the -18ish that it is outside.  I am not even interested in going outside.  I want to make my prototype heated steering wheel on the buggy too, maybe it will go into the garage tomorrow, and I will have a nice fire in there.  There still isn't enough snow to go out on the sled, something exciting and crazy about showing up on a dune buggy in this weather.  I have to put a volt meter on the old buggy now too, make sure the alternator keeps up with the extra roof lights, heated wheel, and heated vests.

I went to the Salvation Army today, after I took Michelle out for lunch in Lamont.  I bought 7 vests, for the price of one, $5.  They won't all make great heated vests, but I can do different stuff on each of them and take pictures for the plans I am making.  Then we will never have to go out on the buggy or bikes without a heated vest.  With the exception of the lil red Honda, we will only make one 6 volt vest, and it will be vest or headlight, not both.

No comments: