Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Buggy Trade

Was surfing the Swap/Trade section of Kijiji a few days ago, and came across this yellow VW in the picture. He wants to trade his VW for a "side by side" to do more off roading with his kid. A side by side is the newer style ATVs where you can sit side by side. I love the hammerhead, and it is great fun, but I don't get to use it that much. In the last year, I have only put 500km on it. I have had some funny dreams, of putting a VW engine in the Hammerhead too. It really isn't fast enough, part of the reason it doesn't get driven so much out here. I can drive the truck, be there in 30 min, or the buggy and be there in 60 min, be cold, somewhat covered in mud, but I will have saved 2 liters of gas, and had a ball. So that trade is in the works, and has great potential, the VW owner seems interested. When needed I will throw in the flat deck buggy trailer that I made, to sweeten the pot, and I might just end up with a VW again after some 18 years of being VWless. The hammerhead in the pic is just a random pulled off the internet for those that don't recall, but it is exactly the same as mine, being a 2008.

weather is warming up. The decorative frost on the windows actually melted off the south windows yesterday, with the sun. I think today is only supposed to be -20.

No comments: