Sunday, December 13, 2009

Too cold

I just realized, as I was called by Carol, that I give too much. Carol was calling, and I can plainly see on call display, and I knew rite away why. Was it last year she called when it got this cold, to help her start her car? I answered anyway to confirm my suspicion. "I have called everyone I know in town trying to get a jump" she says. Then the confession, "I could call Jerry but he will charge me". I simply told her that nothing here will start, and she needs more than a jump. I will buy a propane blower heater, but I am not going to bring it over to your car up for fun I thought. She has one last Ukranian to call, and then she will be walking to work on Monday if he says no. Funny thing is she lives not even a block from her work, and its Sunday today, she doesn't have to be at work, she just starts her truck every few hours for piece of mind. I have to start admiring and maybe following the people that can do a favor, and then drop a bill in the mail. Like the new owner of Ron's bobcat. I said how long does it take to clear out the gas station w the bobcat, he said "20 min, the thing is awesome". But what was funny was he said the police station is snowed in and they are all humming and hawwing about hiring the snow removal out. So he just did it and dropped a bill in the door. What does he care if they don't pay it? If they do pay it he has a new income stream.

A slightly modified story, for ease of explanation, I wasn't interested in plowing the driveway, but rather just moving all the vehicles around. I am going to see if I can reach the first page for my lawn tractor block heater post on the Possum Electric Blog.

No comments: